- Once the party’s caravan finally arrived at the marketplace in Tyrrn, Bedros soon received word of more kobold trouble west of Cerdan, and so he said his goodbyes then left to rejoin the city guard there.
- The remaining party asked Nakote for some direction about who was a good trustworthy, local contact that knows what’s going on in the city. Nakote suggested speaking with to Myrinis, a glass artisan who’s shop is near the western market. The party headed that way.
- After some excellent diplomacy with Myrinis from Perion including the purchase of a large glass and gold dragon sculpture, the party determined that Baron Varsod is a touchy subject and that Myrinis is not comfortable talking about him in the open. He agreed to meet them later at a local tavern, the The Lazy Ogre.
- Once they arrived at the Ogre later that night the party found a drunken, sullen dwarf named Kildrak Stoneheart. It seems that he has been here wasting away for a few years. After some good songs and good drink with Perion, Kildrak agreed to join with the party to investigate the foulness around Baron Varsod. But not before saying some choice words about tieflings and acquiring the ire of the crowd.
- Zarn and Tac were able to get away with Myrinis to meet in a dark alley. He told them all he knew, but there was a hesitation, resistance. He was concerned about rumors of the Horn of Geryon, a group of cultist assassins who are said to silence those that move against Baron Varsod. He indicated that they should talk to a sage, Iotir, at the hall of records in Tyrrn.
- The next day the party, with their hungover dwarf friend, the party headed down to the hall of records. There they met Iotir and showed him the Letters from Athux Khara that Griffo Weatherbee gave his life to help procure from the secret chambers below the kobold lair. Zarn mentioned the Horn of Geryon to the sage who was very surprised to hear that the order could still exist.
- Seeing that the party was not easily diswaged, the Iotir decided to tell them about Wyjen Hazaan a well known Dragonborn playwright and thespian who is known to openly satirize and perform protest pieces about Baron Varsod.
- Iotir believes perhaps Hazaan would be intrigued by the letters and the alliance they seem to imply between Baron Varsod and Athux Khara. Wyjen may know how to disseminate this information to the right people.
Pact of the Ancients
Schmoozing in Tyrrn
Session 20 - 24th and 25th of Hightale, 987