Pact of the Ancients
- When someone rolls a perception check he/she is always treated like they received at least their passive result.
- A player can spend an action point at any time and can interrupt others’ actions when doing so. So for instance a player can spend an action point to interrupt an attack being made by a monster on their fallen ally. Players cannot interrupt a monster’s action point action however.
- When the DM flips the hourglass at the table that indicates that the current player has 45 seconds to decide the actions their character will take on their turn. More time can be taken to resolve though (roll attacks, add up damage, etc.) If you have not begun to resolve your turn by the time the hourglass runs out you automatically delay. This rule is usually only invoked when we need to speed things up.
- As a retrain of your character between levels you may reallocate up to 4 “point-buy” points between up to three ability scores according to the ability score point buy system. If by lowering your ability score you no longer satisfy the prerequisites for a feat that you have already taken you lose that feat immediately, but may select another as a part of the retrain.
- Sunrods do not exist in this campaign. Instead adventuring kits contain a lantern full of oil.
- Disenchanting a magic item result in 50% residuum of it’s value rather than 20%.
- Finding magic items for sale in cities and some towns is done via a shopping skill challenge .
- Light works much like it would in the ‘natural world’, all light sources (unless otherwise specified) emit dim light equal to half of their bright light rounded down. E.G. a torch emits 5 squares of bright light 2 squares of dim light past the bright light for a total output of 7 squares.
- If you did not retrain any powers or feats on your last level up you may perform one retrain during your level during an extended rest with the DMs permission.
- PC can create common and uncommon magic items by ritual but cannot create rare items. PCs abide by the original 4e rule of 1 daily magic item use per day per tier.
- PCs receive a fraction of a skill challenge’s XP proportional to the percentage of the required successes they achieved.
- Minions get a savings throw against their first hit if it’s not a crit. When then make the save they are bloodied. A bloodied minion is killed on any subsequent hit. An attack that does damage on a miss to a minion automatically bloodies it.
- Proposed: Minions do double damage on a critical hit.