Pact of the Ancients
- Constant Passive Perception – When someone rolls a perception check he/she is always treated like they received at least their passive result.
- The Hourglass Rule – When the DM or a player flips the hourglass at the table that indicates that the current player (or DM) has 45 seconds to decide the actions their character or monsters will take on their turn. More time can be taken to resolve though (roll attacks, add up damage, etc.) If you have not begun to resolve your turn by the time the hourglass runs out you automatically delay.
- Plan Your Turn – Players and the DM are highly encouraged to decide their actions, to calculate their bonuses to hit and damage and to have the needed dice at the ready all before their turn begins. This greatly speeds up play.
- Show your work – Announce the bonuses you are using during your turn so that there is no question as to whether you incorporated this or that extra bonus/buff/penalty.
- No Take Backs – If you forgot a particular bonus or penalty during your turn and we’ve moved on, forget it. It’s not worth going back and adjusting things. The battle has moved on and the result stands.
- Point Buy Retrain – As a retrain of your character between levels you may reallocate up to 4 “point-buy” points between up to three ability scores according to the ability score point buy system. If by lowering your ability score you no longer satisfy the prerequisites for a feat that you have already taken you lose that feat immediately, but may select another as a part of the retrain.
- Sunrods are Dumb – Sunrods do not exist in this campaign. They are dumb. Instead adventuring kits contain a lantern full of oil.
- Disenchanting is Useful – Disenchanting a magic item result in 50% residuum of it’s value rather than 20%.
- Bright Light Begets Dim – Light works much like it would in the ‘natural world’, all light sources (unless otherwise specified) emit dim light equal to half of their bright light rounded down. E.G. a torch emits 5 squares of bright light 2 squares of dim light past the bright light for a total output of 7 squares.
- Retrain During Rest – If you did not retrain any powers or feats on your last level up you may perform one retrain during your level during an extended rest with the DM’s permission.
- Magic Item Availability
- Common magic items can be purchases in large cities.
- PC can create common and uncommon magic items by ritual but cannot create rare items.
- PCs abide by the original 4e rule of 1 daily magic item use per day per tier.
- Skill Challenge Rewards – PCs receive a fraction of a skill challenge’s XP proportional to the percentage of the required successes they achieved.
- Minions Matter
- Minions get a savings throw against their first hit if it’s not a crit. When then make the save they are bloodied. A bloodied minion is killed on any subsequent hit. An attack that does damage on a miss to a minion automatically bloodies it.
- Minions do double damage on a critical hit.